PRESTON DOCKS - ROUNDS 1 & 2
19 May 2011
Newton-le-Willows MCC (MCF)
Preston Docks MX
Club championship – Rounds 1 and 2
Report – Chris Heys
Photos - NLWMCC
The Newton-le-Willows Team were looking forward to a great Easter weekend’s racing for their opening club championship rounds and inaugural MC Federation event. With the sun shining down on us, the PDMX crew worked hard on preparing the track and it paid dividends throughout the weekend.
Autos started proceedings on Saturday and Ellis Jones took the overall with two race wins and a second followed home by last race winner Joel Rizzi and Adam Wells in third.
Finley Beard took a maximum in the Juniors and with it the overall. Rhys Goodhall worked hard all day with second and Declan Hunter followed Rhys home in third.
Small Wheel 85s saw Luke Reading break away and take all three wins ahead of Steven Cunliffe with a superb second. Ben Heys took the final podium spot in third.
Casey Connelly sewed up the overall in the Big Wheels with Ian Forsyth getting a race win and second overall. Aaron Roe rode brilliantly to secure third overall.
Local boy, Reece Desoer took first in a very competitive Rookie group with all three race wins followed by Adam Craggs in second and Stacey Fisher third
In our new Vet/Amateur group this year it was Bill Morris who came out on top. A great ride from Anton Faulkes secured second place overall and Tom Wade kept in the mix all day and took third.
Another maximum on the day in the MX2 class saw Danny Tollet take the overall honours on his KTM125. Daniel Parry bagged second and Brad Harrison third.
MX1 rounded the day off and Rob Clitheroe gave a master class at his local track taking all three wins. Matt Morris followed him home each time in second and Callum Smith showed impressive form to secure third.
More track work followed on Sunday evening and Monday morning and another fantastically presented venue greeted us on Monday morning.
Autos kicked off the day again and it was a reversal from the previous day for the top two with Joel Rizzi taking the overall from Ellis Jones. Consistent riding saw Adam Wells take third again.
Guest rider Jed Etchells joined the Junior group and took all three race wins after some titanic battles with Finley Beard. Crashes kept Finley out of the top three and waiting to pounce and on the pace was Oliver Consterdine. Rhys Goodhall put in a hard days work for third.
Luke Reading secured the first maximum of the weekend and again romped the Small Wheel class on his MX500 sponsored KTM. Steven Cunliffe continued his great form with second and a great ride from Declan Hindle rounded off the podium.
Sam Norris secured the Big Wheel overall but not without a fight from second race winner Ian Forsyth who took second. Jordan Roberts put in a great ride for third.
Reece Desoer looked to be continuing his form from Sunday with the first race win, but Jack Kelly took the final two races and the overall from ever hard charging Will Orritt and Ryan Thornhill in third.
Tony Houseman showed great form in the Vet/Amateur group and with it a maximum of race wins. John Desoer bagged second and John Kerfoot third.
Tom Kelly kept the family winning ways with a maximum in the MX2 with Danny Tollet second and Jake Preston coming home third.
Jamie Jackson showed a staggering pace and took a maximum in the MX1 class. Lewis Belfield followed him home each time with Callum Smith again in third.
Please can we give a big thank you to all of our volunteers and riders for all their effort over the weekend. Great track preparation paid dividends. Best wishes for a speedy recovery go to George Minton from all at the club following a heavy crash in the final Small Wheel race as well. Our next rounds will be at our fantastic Ribchester venue, near Blackburn on 21st/22nd May 2011. See website of join us on Facebook for details.
1. ELLIS JONES 2. JOEL RIZZI 3. ADAM WELLS 4. JORDAN HARVEY 5. ETHAN TOLLET 6. AARON BROWN
1. FINLEY BEARD 2. RHYS GOODHALL 3. DECLAN HUNTER 4. CONNOR ELLIS 5. BROGAN JOHNSON 6. JACK MIDDLETON
1. LUKE READING 2. STEVEN CINLIFFE 3. BEN HEYS 4. AARON HALL 5. HARRY FOSTER 6. HARRISON DANIELS
1. CASEY CONNELLY 2. IAN FORSYTH 3. AARON ROE 4. JAKE RYAN 5. RYAN CAUREL 6. SAM GODKIN
1. REECE DESOER 2. ADAM CRAGGS 3. STACEY FISHER 4. MACAULEY HARRISON 5. BLAIR ELCOCK 6. BRACKEN HINDLE
1. BILL MORRIS 2. ANTON FAULKES 3. TOM WADE 4. MATTHEW CRILLY 5. JON POWER 6. MIKE VINCENT
1. DANNY TOLLET 2. DANIEL PARRY 3. BRAD HARRISON 4. MARK SWIFT 5. SIMON BISHOP 6. MATTHEW MARTLETON
1. ROB CLITHEROE 2. MATT MORRIS 3. CALLUM SMITH 4. JOSEPH WILKINSON 5. BRIAN WRIGHT 6. COLIN GIBSON
1. JOEL RIZZI 2. ELLIS JONES 3. ADAM WELLS 4. JORDAN HARVEY 5. ETHAN TOLLET 6. AARON BROWN
1. JED ETCHELLS 2. OLIVER CONSTERDINE 3. RHYS GOODHAL 4. FINLEY BEARD 5. DECLAN HUNTER 6. BROGAN JOHNSON
1. LUKE READING 2. STEVEN CUNLIFFE 3. DECLAN HINDLE 4. TOM KERR 5. BEN HEYS 6. JACK LAWSON
1. SAM NORRIS 2. IAN FORSYTH 3. JORDAN ROBERTS 4. JAKE RYAN 5. AARON ROE 6. SAM GODKIN
1. JACK KELLY 2. WILL ORRITT 3. RYAN THORNHILL 4. TOM DAVIES 5. STACEY FISHER 6. JACK McCARTEN
1. TONY HOUSEMAN 2. JOHN DESOER 3. JOHN KERFOOT 4. DAREN AYLING 5. JORDAN KERFOOT 6. WARREN CROSS
1. TOM KELLY 2. DANNY TOLLET 3. JAKE PRESTON 4. DANIEL PARRY 5. BRAD HARRISON 6. MATTHEW MARTLETON
1. JAMIE JACKSON 2. LEWIS BELFIELD 3. CALLUM SMITH 4. BRIAN WRIGHT 5. MICHAEL GLEAVES 6. ROSS WESTON